Henry Wilson (schooner)
Two well -known Pacific Coast sailing vessels and a unit of the coastwise wooden steam schooner fleet were burned together in March at Picnic Point, Puget Sound, by Seattle ship breakers, all three having been last engaged in the Alaska cannery trade and in layup for several years. The sailing vessels were the old Downeast bark W. B. Flint, Bath -built in 1885, and the four-masted schooner Henry Wilson built -at Aberdeen in 1899. The Wilson had completed her last voyage from Alaska in 1922, the Flint in 1923. Gordon Newell, Maritime events of 1937, H.W. McCurdy Marine History of the Pacific Northwest., p. 458.
Citation: Tacoma Public Library
Henry Wilson (schooner)
Two well -known Pacific Coast sailing vessels and a unit of the coastwise wooden steam schooner fleet were burned together in March at Picnic Point, Puget Sound, by Seattle ship breakers, all three having been last engaged in the Alaska cannery trade and in layup for several years. The sailing vessels were the old Downeast bark W. B. Flint, Bath -built in 1885, and the four-masted schooner Henry Wilson built -at Aberdeen in 1899. The Wilson had completed her last voyage from Alaska in 1922, the Flint in 1923. Gordon Newell, Maritime events of 1937, H.W. McCurdy Marine History of the Pacific Northwest., p. 458.
Citation: Tacoma Public Library
Henry Wilson (schooner)
Several offshore sailing vessels were completed at Northwest yards during the year. The 472-ton four-masted schooner Henry Wilson was built by John Lindstrom at Aberdeen, his yard also completing the wooden steam schooners Aberdeer4 499 tons, San Pedro, 456 tons, and W. H. Kreuger, 469 tons. Gordon Newell, Maritime Events of 1899, H.W. McCurdy, Marine History of the Pacific Northwest., p. 48.
Citation: Tacoma Public Library
Henry Wilson (schooner)
The four-masted schooner Henry Wilson of 1899 was purchased by the North Alaska Salmon Company in 1910 and placed in the Alaska cannery trade. Gordon Newell, Maritime Events of 1910, H.W. McCurdy Marine History of the Pacific Northwest., p. 175.
Citation: Tacoma Public Library