Malaspina (minesweeper)
In 1914 the Department of Naval Service went in for small steel minesweepers of trawler design and ordered the Malaspina, of 850 tons, to be built on the Clyde, and she was used for Fishery Patrol duties. Frederick Victor Longstaff, Descriptions and Illustrations, Esquimalt Naval Base: A History of Its Work and Its Defenses. Vancouver, B.C.: Clarke & Stuart Co. Ltd. 1942., p.179.
Citation: Tacoma Public Library