Mary D. Hume (steamer)
The Mary D. Hume was built at Ellensburg, Oregon, for the Coquille trade, and contained the engines from the Varzina, wrecked in 1880. Capt. James Caughell was in command. She was ninety-eight feet long, twenty-three feet beam, and ten feet hold. E. W. Wright, Marine Business of 1881, Lewis and Drydens Marine History of the Pacific Northwest. (Written in 1895)., p. 283.
Citation: Tacoma Public Library