Mathilda Foss (1) (tug)
The Mathilda Foss was built as the Captain Gregory Barnett as a U.S. Army Quartermaster Corps passenger and freight vessel in 1909 by the Willamette Iron and Steel Company of Portland, Oregon. After World War One service she served as a yacht with the name Gordon. Purhcased by Foss in November of 1936 Mathilda served throughout World War II and later returned to log towing. She was eventually sold to Alaska and given the name Roxanne and became a floating dormitory, a cafe and finally a derelict that was sunk in 1978. Michael Skalley, Foss, ninety years of towboating, 1981., p. 95.
Citation: Tacoma Public Library