Citta Di Milano
The "Citta di Milano" was a 4,041 gross ton ship built by N.Odero fu Alessandro & Co, Sestri Ponenti, Genoa in 1897 for La Veloce of Genoa. Her dimensions were - length 364ft x beam 43.6ft, one funnel, two masts, single screw and a speed of 12 knots. There was accommodation for 40-2nd and 1,290-3rd class passengers. Launched on 17/12/1897, she commenced her maiden voyage on 30/12/1897 when she sailed from Genoa for Montevideo, Buenos Aires and Rosario. She stayed on the S.American service until 3/2/1902 when she transferred to the Genoa - Naples - New York route, completing 26 round voyages on this service. In 1908 she went to the Genoa - La Guaira - Colon service and in 1914 was sold to the Sitmar Line and renamed "Albania". In 1932 she went to Lloyd Triestino and was scrapped the following year. [North Atlantic Seaway by N.R.P.Bonsor, vol.3 ,p.1271] [South Atlantic Seaway by N.R.P.Bonsor, p.281] There is a picture of this ship in South Atlantic Seaway p.274 -
Citation: [Posted to the ShipsList by Ted Finch - 3 February 1998]
Milano
See ITALIA (2).
Citation: