Mount Clay (steamship)
The twin-screw steamship Mount Clay, an 8,170-ton passenger vessel built at Stettin in 1904 as the German Prinz Eitel Friedrich, taken over by the United States in 1917 and operated as the DeKalb, and sold to the United American Line in 1921 as the Mount Clay, purchased by the Admiral Line, but never placed in service by that company. Gordon Newell, Maritime Events of 1927-28, H.W. McCurdy Marine History of the Pacific Northwest. Seattle: Superior, 1966, p. 388.
Citation: Tacoma Public Library