Muscoota (bark)
The four-masted bark Muscoota, which had been the German Ottawa, laid up at San Francisco in 1914, seized in 1917 and renamed Flying Cloud,- then Muscoota, was sold to Capt. A. C. Wilvers and a group of Australian business men. Capt. Wilvers, like Capt E. R. Sterling, was a shipmaster with a nose for scouting out his own cargoes, and he kept the Muscoota busy in the Puget Sound-Australian lumber trade until 1924. Gordon Newell, Maritime Events of 1921-1922, H.W. McCurdy Maritime History of the Pacific Northwest,p. 321-22.
Citation: Tacoma Public Library