Napolitan Prince
The "Napolitan Prince" was a 2900 gross ton vessel built in 1889 as the "Rei de Portugal" by Scott & Co, Greenock for the Potuguese company, Mala Real Portugueza. Her dimensions were length 363.5ft x beam 42.2ft, clipper sten, one funnel, two masts, single screw and a speed of 12 knots. There was accommodation for 25-1st class and 1,150-3rd class passengers. Launched on 1/7/1889, she was sold to the British, Prince Line in 1902 and renamed "Napolitan Prince". She commenced her first voyage for this company on 24/11/1902 from Leghorn to Genoa, Naples, Palermo and New York. Her last voyage commenced 2/3/1908 from Piraeus to Patras, Palermo and New York and she was then chartered to Northwest Transport and commenced running for them on 6/9/1909 from Rotterdam to Halifax and New York. She made four round voyages for them, the last ond starting on 8/1/1910 and was then sold in 1911 to the Cie de Navigation Mixte who renamed her "Manouba". She was scrapped in Italy in Feb. 1929.[N.R.P. Bonsor, North Atlantic Seaway, p. 1234]
Citation: [Posted to the Emigration-Ships Mailing List by Ted Finch - 18 September 1997]