Norvan (tug)
One of the oldest floating vessels on the C.C. Coast, the 73-foot Norvan, built in 1900 as the first North Vancouver ferry and converted to a steam tug by M. R. Cliff in 1925, was purchased by Rod Palm, Tofino diver, tugboat operator and marine historian and is anchored in the harbour as a floating home and headquarters for his Shark Salvage Co. Gordon Newell, Maritime Events of 1972, H. W. McCurdy Marine History of the Pacific Northwest 1966 to 1975., p.120-1.
Citation: Tacoma Public Library