Uchuck No 1 (ferry)
The diesel ferry Uchuck No. 1, built at Vancouver, B C. in 1941 for wartime passenger service there, was acquired by the Barkley Sound Transportation Co. of Port Alberni. The 69-ton ferry, 66.5 x 15.6 x 8.2, with 140-horsepower engine, instituted ferry service between Port Alberni and the West Coast of Vancouver Island. Gordon Newell, Maritime Events of 1946, H.W. McCurdy Marine History of the Pacific Northwest, p. 535.
Citation: Tacoma Public Library